Name Change Ad in Newspaper
Name Change Ad in Newspaper for Passport?
Let us tell you for Name change ad for Passport or Surname Change ad for Passport. You will have to publish a declaration of change of name in the leading two newspapers.
- National Daily Newspaper and
- State-Local Daily Newspaper
Let it be you’re a Government employee, PSU employee, statutory body employee you will have to publish declaration regarding change of name in a leading 2 newspapers.
How to apply for Surname Change in Passport?
For surname change in the passport. You have to apply for a “Re-issue” of your passport online. You can also reach us for more details or visit the Passport Seva website and download the e-form that is Passport Application Form and the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) form.
The passport Application Form and the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) form are required to be submitted to the passport office along with the required documents after duly filling in the necessary details.
Procedure to Change the Surname in the Passport in India
If you’re looking for a Surname Change or Surname Change in your passport after marriage. Then new name is to be published in the Gazette. The Gazette copies have to be preserved for future reference.
1.Name change affidavit: A name change affidavit has to be created with your old name and a new name. The reason for the Surname change and the address to be mentioned.
2. Publish newspaper ads: An advertisement has to be published for surname change for a passport. You will have to publish a declaration of change of surname in the leading two newspapers: National Daily Newspaper and State-Local Daily Newspaper.
3. Gazette Notification: Your new name is to be published in the Gazette. The Gazette of India is a public journal also known as the official gazette. It’s an authorized legal document by the GOI (Government of India). The Gazette copies have to be preserved for future reference.
Documents Required for the Name Change in Passport After Marriage
The required documents for surname change may vary, depending upon the reasons. However, the following are the basic documents needed:
- Original passport
- Copies of the first and last two pages of the original passport
- Aadhar Card as Address Proof
- PAN Card also known as SANAD as ID Proof
- Copy of Certificate by the Gazetted Officer
- Copy of the Marriage Certificate OR
- Equivalent Annexures/Affidavits along with Marriage Card OR wedding joint photo (Annexure D’)
- Declaration form signed by both
- Present and Permanent Address Proof Documents or
- Photocopy of the passport of the husband (if any)