Surname Change Procedure after Marriage in Delhi

Looking for Surname Change then contact us for more details.

Procedure for Surname Change after Marriage in Delhi

If you’re looking for a Surname Change after Marriage then first get your new name registered on your marriage certificate.  You will also have to update your New Name in other government documents like PAN Card, Voter Id, Aadhar Card Passport. 

We provide you with the best services for Name Change. The procedures while name change after marriage is:

Marriage Certificate for Name Change Procedure 

The couple has to get a new name registered on the marriage certificate within 45 to 60 days from the date of marriage. For that, you will have to visit the Indian government’s Official Website or we are just a call away. 

Documents you need for Name Change after Marriage

  • 5 Passport-size photographs
  • Aadhar Card as Address proof
  • PAN Card also known as SANAD as ID Proof
  • Other ID/Address Proof Documents

Know us More:

Contact Us

Why Choose Us for Name Change After Marriage Services in India?

Documents Advisor can help you to change your name after marriage in a few easy steps. On behalf of you, our team will file the Name Change Affidavit Procedure, get published in a State Local National Newspaper in English, and Gazette Notification.

Benefits of Surname Change after Marriage

  • After marriage, the couples can apply for a Marriage Certificate.
  • Paperwork will be easy. After marriage, if you want to update your address then it will become easy to change the address and update your New Name.
  • It will become easy to update all the government documents like PAN Card, Voter Id, and Driving license, etc.
  • If you’re applying for opening joint bank accounts then it will become easy to open an account in any bank. 
  • If you’re buying a property after marriage it will help with paperwork.
  • It becomes Identity Proof that he is your husband.
  • Once you become a parent, admitting your child to school becomes easy.

Contact Us

Name Change Procedure through Affidavit

Surname Change Newspaper Advertisement Procedure

It has to be published in Newspaper. We just want to bring in notice that, let it be the Local Newspaper of any state with language but the Newspaper Advertisement should be published in English language only or else it will not be valid.

So, we will make sure that your advertisement gets published in the State local Newspaper but only in the English language.

The Gazette of India

Gazette Notification for Surname Change after Marriage

The couple has to visit any Government Gazette along with the confirmed Affidavit. Copies of valid ID Proofs with copies of the published Newspaper Advertisements and Marriage Certificates. Once it’s done the couple can update in the bank, for a name change or update the name and address in the bank documents. The couple also has to update their new name in the other documents. Click here to read about the Drawback if the new name is not changed in documents. (blog link of a drawback)

FAQs of Surname Change after Marriage in India  

How to Change Surname after Marriage?

It is not compulsory in India to change his/her surname to your partners’ surname after marriage.

But if you want to change your surname to your partners’ surname then there are two ways by which you can change surname after marriage.

  1. Notarized Affidavit 
  2. Newspaper Publication 
  3. Gazette Publication

Is it necessary to change the Name in the Passport after Marriage?

 No! It’s not that important but if you are planning to work outside India then it is important to change your name on your Passport after marriage. You are just a call away, Documents Advisor is here for Name Change Services 24*7.


What documents do I need to Change my Name after Marriage?

The Marriage Certificate, joint Notarized Affidavit, Husband’s Address Proof, and Proof of Identity.

How do I go about Changing my Wife's Name after Marriage?

 In India, some states have the custom of changing the name of the wife after marriage.  So, if you are looking for a surname or name to your partners’ surname or with the family name then here, the Documents Advisor can help you and save your time. We follow all the government steps and lawfully do the work.

The procedure through which you can apply for a Name Change after Marriage is

  1. Notarized Affidavit
  2. Place an Advertisement
  3. Gazette Publication

In the Affidavit you have to mention the following things:

  • Your details and the reason why you want to change.
  • Maiden Name
  • Proposed Name
  • Husband Name
  • Present Address
  • Copy of your Marriage Certificate
  • Passport size photo of your
  • Your Signature on Affidavit