Drawbacks of not doing Name Change Legally
Not Always Accepted / Inaccessibility of Records:
- If you’re planning to change your name or a family member’s name then you should be very careful.
- If you’re looking to do it by yourself always be careful. You must follow properly the government prescribed channels and their rules.
- It should be always noted that after the name change of any person it should be updated with the agent or service provider
- If you don’t follow the prescribed channel then there may be the chance that your name is not changed officially and it may occur problem because government offices, PSU’s and banks require an official name.
- It may cause difficulties to change your name on other important documents which will lead to inconvenient records.
Fraud: If you don’t update your name after the name change in government documents then. It might be considered as a person may change their name with the intention of committing fraud. Looking to escape an existing loan or creditor or for terrorist action. Sometimes a person commits fraud and later reverts back to their original name.
Real-Estate Transactions: The purchase and sale of the property is a controversy/crossfire in India.
- There are several cases in India that buyers and sellers hide their real identity while selling and purchasing real estate.
- Change your name officially to avoid complications while purchasing a property.
- Even if a person dies and leaves their entire property in the name of his/her relative one and the person who is adopting his/her property then he/she may be sure that their name must be legal.
- If the name is not legally registered then the entitled party may not be able to inherit their property.
Availing Loans: I’m sharing with an example if a person Mr. ABC (First name) changes his name to Mr. XYZ (changed name) but he/she hasn’t done it legally.
- Now, Mr. XYZ, is a name changed but not legally and he borrows money from a bank.
- Mr. XYZ must be able to prove his identity to get a successful transaction of the loan amount to his bank account but the loan amount will be rejected by the bank.
- Because in bank Mr. ABC’s new name is not yet updated. So, the bank will not believe that Mr. XYZ is the same person who has changed his name. The reason behind it is that his changed name is not legally updated in government documents.
Remittances And Taxes: Any person who changes his present name to a new name will not be liable for the compensation or tax return nor he will be able to pay tax with his new name until and unless his name is legally registered in government documents.
If a salaried person changes his name to a new name and is not updated legally, in his company’s records and the bank he will not be able to receive his salary in his bank account.
Advantages of Official Name Change
Recommendations by Most Legal Experts: The services required for name change do not require a lawyer. You can take help from a name change service or name change agency on your own but be sure that the agency you are contacting is authorized and the company existence is liable and the services they are providing are approved by the government.
If you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home and you have no time or less time then we ensure all the legal work for you.
Easiest during Marriage and Divorce: The name change process in India is the easiest during marriage and divorce.
If a woman doesn’t want to change her name after marriage or does not agree to adopt her husband’s name. Then divorce proceedings can be initiated in her maiden name or any other name that has been adopted and notified in the official gazette
After divorce, if the party desire to continue with their married name there is no restriction but there may be a risk that if one partner uses their name to defraud the other partner.
Officially Recognized: If you make an application for any document and public services then it will be approved and granted with your official name which is mentioned in your official document.
In some cases you did the incomplete or incorrect procedure for name change it results that your name is not changed officially and due to lacking original proof it may be rejected by some government offices and Banks etc.
Disclaimer by Documents Advisor: Please note that we are just an assisting platform. We are not a law firm. We do not provide legal services ourselves. The information on this website is for the purpose of knowledge only. It should not be relied upon as legal advice or opinion. Read complete disclaimer text here.
Our Marriage Procedure Services
Documents Advisor is the one-stop destination for all types of Marriage Procedure Services in Delhi. If you’re looking for Marriage Registration Services. Then call us now at +91 98710 75159
Tatkal Court Marriage
Arya Samaj Marriage